The IOSH Directing Safely course is aimed to provide company directors, owners and senior managers with an understanding of the moral, legal and business case for proactive health & safety management and give guidance on effective risk management.
Who should attend?
The IOSH Directing Safely course is suitable for company directors and senior managers who have responsibility for policy making and strategic planning for health & safety.
Please contact us on 01527 571 611 for a tailored quote.
The IOSH Directing Safely course covers the following areas:
- Understand the importance of strategic health & safety management and its integration into other business management systems
- Understand directors and employees statutory duties
- Identify accident causes and plan for prevention through hazard identification , risk assessment and control strategies
- Appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health & safety effectively
- Understand the importance of employee selection and the effect of human factors on health & safety
- Recognise the importance of consultation and communication with employees on health & safety issues
- Appreciate the significance of performance monitoring for continual improvement of health and safety management
Each delegate will need to successfully complete a multiple choice assessment paper to gain an IOSH accredited certificate.
Each successful candidate will receive a certificate from IOSH. The certificate will be issued approximately 6-8 weeks after completing the course.
To ensure the certificate is kept up-to-date a one day refresher course will need to be attended prior to the 3 year anniversary of the original four day course.
The IOSH Directing Safely course is only available as a ‘closed course’. Please contact us for a tailored quote
In House Training
Agility UK can deliver the IOSH Directing Safely course for you at your premises tailored in a way that suits your organisation.
A closed course on your site will also allow us to tailor our course and the examples to your organisations activities and procedures.
For a tailored quote today contact us on 01527 571 611.