The course aims are to provide the delegates with the knowledge and understanding of health & safety to manage key issues within their teams and organisations. The course will give them the knowledge and tools to tackle the health & safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health & safety is such an important part of their job.
Upon completion delegates will be able to:
- Understand the organisations legal responsibilities
- Apply basic principles and practices to health & safety issues
- Set and plan health & safety objectives
- Recognise work place risks and implement appropriate control measures
- Investigate and report on accidents and near misses
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and any employee that has an active role in their organisations Health & Safety procedures.
Open Course – £490.00 + VAT per person
The cost includes course materials & handouts, IOSH Certification on successful completion and lunch & refreshments on each day.
The IOSH Managing Safely course is split into 8 modules:
- Module 1: Introducing Managing Safely
- Module 2: Assessing risks
- Module 3: Controlling risks
- Module 4: Understanding your responsibilities
- Module 5: Identifying hazards
- Module 6: Investigating accidents and incidents
- Module 7: Measuring performance
- Module 8: Protecting our environment
Each delegate will need to successfully complete a 2 stage assessment to pass the course. The assessment composes:
- A multiple choice exam paper
- A work based risk assessment project
Each successful candidate will receive a certificate from IOSH. The certificate will be issued approximately 6-8 weeks after completing the course.
To ensure the certificate is kept up-to-date a one day refresher course will need to be attended prior to the 3 year anniversary of the original four day course.
- May 21, 2013IOSH Managing Safely Split Course: Part 2
- July 15, 2013IOSH Managing Safely Course
- September 16, 2013IOSH Managing Safely Split Course: Part 1
- September 23, 2013IOSH Managing Safely Split Course: Part 2
- November 18, 2013IOSH Managing Safely Split Course: Part 1
- November 25, 2013IOSH Managing Safely Split Course: Part 2
In House Training
Agility UK can deliver the IOSH Managing Safely course for you at your premises tailored in a way that suits your organisation. We can be flexible on how you want the four days delivered, whether it is in a block of four, split in to two blocks of two days or one day a week over four weeks. The only stipulation is the fourth day of training is within 30 days of day one.
A closed course on your site will also allow us to tailor our course and the examples to your organisations activities and procedures.
For a tailored quote today contact us on 01527 571 611.