An effective health and safety management system allows you to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act and will ensure ‘best practice’ is being followed throughout your business. Once fully implemented, it will identify any hazards & risks, and implement the necessary measures to ensure all members of staff are protected from harm.
Ultimately the Health and Safety Management System will act as your companies first port of call for anything health and safety related and when used correctly will ensure your companies fully compliant and that all the necessary levels have been taken to ensure your employees working within a safe, risk free environment.
Bespoke H&S Management System
A Good health and safety management system should be based on the requirements of the business and the business’s needs and be properly implemented and carried out. That’s why Agility UK tailors each and every management system to ensure that your management system is bespoke to your business requirements and proportionate to the risks associated.
Our health and safety management systems contain a number of principle elements, such as;
- A Statement of Intent: A lead statement showing the organisations commitment to providing a safe and healthy working environment
- Organisational Structure: This defines who has responsible for managing certain safety issues
- Health and Safety Induction Handbook: Informing employees of the organisations health and safety arrangements, employees legal responsibilities, workplace specific safety rules to be adhered too and an induction checklist
- Safety Arrangements: Health and Safety Management System can contain as many or as few safety arrangements as required as long as it fulfils the organisation’s needs, these detail how the organisation intends to manage key aspects, topics, significant risks, etc
- Internal Audit Process: These include safety monitoring check sheets and safety records to demonstrate that key health and safety aspects are being undertaken, by whom, and when.
Once your health and safety management system has been implemented, our health and safety consultants will provide full training and support on to ensure your new management system is fully utilised.