The course illustrates the different approaches that should be adopted when dealing with different types of absences; explanations are supported by long-standing and recent case law.
The course will also explain how you should seal with related and unrelated short-term absences, long term sickness, disabled employees and unauthorised absences.
Who should attend?
The course is essential for HR professionals, line managers and other members of staff who are responsible for managing employees.
Please call us on 01527 571 611 for a tailored quotation.
The Absence Management training will cover the following topics:
- The importance of triggers, measurement and well drafted absence policies
- The procedures that should be followed when dealing with the different types of absences
- The importance of consultation and medical investigation during capability procedures
- How to handle difficult circumstances that may arise during the absence management process, including; a refusal to cooperate and dealing with unclear or conflicting medical reports
- We will also have an open forum for general employment law questions at the end of the session